The Automation Engineer position offers the exciting opportunity to help design, help engineer, program and startup the stainless-steel equipment that is supplied to our food and dairy customers.
All potential candidates must be willing to travel on average 30%-50%. Travel and lodging expenses are arranged and paid for by the company and a daily per diem rate for meals is also included.
- Adheres to CFR’s safe work policies and practices, and wears appropriate PPE for duties being performed.
- PLC programming (Allen Bradley ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLC’s; additional experience with Legacy Allen-Bradley or Omron PLC’s a plus).
- HMI programming (Rockwell Software and Aveva “Wonderware” HMI and SCADA software; additional experience with GE Cimplicity/iFix or Ignition software a plus).
- Knowledge of HTST, CIP systems (multi-user), Receiving Bays, Cheese making equipment, Dryers, Evaporators etc.
- Field commissioning and startup of instrumentation and control systems.
- Read, analyze and develop technical procedures, process flow schematics, electrical, instrumentation, and pneumatic.
- Communicate with Automation Engineers, Process Engineers and Customers in professional fashion and positive results.
- Perform I/O check on panels and skids before leaving CFR when possible.
- Simulate control systems for factory acceptance tests (FAT).
- Annual gross: $100K – $200K
- Pay frequency: Weekly
- Location: Marshfield, WI campus
- 401k: Up to 5% company match
- Vacation: Provided
- Personal Time: Provided
- Paid Holidays: Provided
- Health Insurance: Available
- Employee Health Clinic: Provided at no cost
· BS degree in Automation Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electronics Engineering is desired; consideration will be given to other degrees.
· 5+ years of experience preferred.
· Experience in the dairy, food and/or beverage industries preferred.
· Ability to understand panel layout drawings and electrical schematics.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Ability to travel (overnight stays) 30-50%.