- Salary Expectations: $100,000 - $120,000
- Full-time: Yes
- Experience Required: Mid-Senior
The Estimator – Commercial is responsible for winning work by creating accurate, detailed, and competitive proposals.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for winning work.
- Responsible for bidding work accurately, competitively, and on time.
- Responsible for completing accurate and precise takeoffs.
- Responsible for producing complete bid packages and all requested items to builders.
- Be a point of contact for builders and act as their Customer Representative.
- Responsible for understanding builders’ philosophies, hierarchy, bid format, and presentation requirements.
- Produce accurate and informative pre-construction transmittals for each project.
- Assist the Permits Department with obtaining necessary permits.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Project Manager.
Experience, Educational, and Additional Requirements:
- Minimum of 3-years’ experience as a Masonry Estimator, or similar type of Estimating preferred.
- BA degree in Construction Management, or other similar field of study preferred.
- Pass the company’s Driver Approval Process required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software required.
- Must work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Must have ability to get along with customers.
- Must be organized and detailed orientated.
- Must have the ability to read plans and engineering (i.e., architectural, shop drawings, and structural, and civil plans, etc.).
- Must have strong negotiation skills.
- Must have both excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to lift 50lb.
- OSHA 10 card required
- Pass mandatory employment drug test required.