- Full-time: Yes
- Proficient in Accubid
- Possesses conceptual estimating skills
- Good communication skills, able to meet with clients and clearly articulate the details of the scope and price
- Able to instruct and mentor younger staff on estimating skills and approach
The Senior Electrical Estimator is responsible for estimating work as scheduled by the
Electrical Division manager for bid. Estimator will price all field change orders and
material for entry into the accounting system. This position works closely with electrical
supply houses, contractors, architects and building officials.
- Plan, organize, and implement an estimating department
- Mentor the junior estimators, be able to teach on screen take off.
- Bid projects with enough detail to provide accurate budgets and purchase orders
- Develop a plan for doing design build work
- Help create project plan
- Responsible for computerized estimating system, database, labor factors, updates
- Work with contract administrator regarding bid document requirements
- Production rate tracking and production reporting
- Track and analyze competition and market pricing
- Work with Marketing Department regarding private work
- Work with Field Foreman and Project Manager regarding field change orders
- Work with Architects to provide pre-bid services
- Minimum of 10 years experience as Sr. Electrical Estimator
- Ability to read plans and specifications
- Public works and or industrial knowledge
- College degree preferred or experience in industry
- Computerized estimating experience
- Labor factor analysis, and modification
- Microsoft office
- Must be able to climb ladders, sit, bend, stoop, stand or walk for extended periods.
- Must be able to travel to job site locations
- Ability to work in extreme weather and temperature conditions.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must have minimal ability to stand, sit, squat, bend, kneel, twist, crawl, reach lift, balance, carry, push, and pull as required for light duties of standard office clerical positions.
- Must be able to lift 20lb. Maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 10lb.
- Exposure to air-conditioned/heated office environment
- Exposure to low noise levels from office equipment and voices.
Energy projects. Data centers. Video surveillance. Campus and high-rise power. Whether your project entails mission-critical power, energy production, or a simple space upgrade, offers unmatched expertise in electrical construction, and everything it entails.
- Project Management
- Financial Management
- Engineering & Design
- On-Site Installation Services Skillfully Performed by our Electricians