- Salary Expectations: $140,000 - $165,000
- Full-time: Yes
Salary range $140k – $165k
Chief Estimator Job Description
The Chief Estimator is responsible for estimating work as scheduled by the Director of Preconstruction (DOP) for bid. The Estimator will prepare cost estimates for electrical projects, bid projects, prepare portions of contract proposal estimates, communicate with clients, vendors, engineers, architects, building officials, owners, contractors and subcontractors, determine scope of work, review design options and on occasion price field change orders.
- Prepares cost estimates from design conception to basic design as requested for project purposes
- Performs final review evaluation of all estimates created by the estimators prior to presentation to DOP.
- Helps to maintain relationship with vendors and subcontractors to create the team concept to prompt fair and equitable relationships.
- Manages software updates to ensure accuracy in the pricing vehicle
- Examines and reviews unusual cost records and ensures costs data is allocated correctly within electrical construction environment
- Updates organizational cost standards on a regular basis for new project
- Track’s market prices for construction costs, equipment, material and labor
- Experience: 10+ years minimum as an estimator
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience (minimum of 5 years). 5 years minimum electrical field experience
- Manage and delegate duties to estimating team, ensure schedules and deadlines are met
- Functional knowledge of McCormick and Conest software
- Standards: NEC, NFPA, UL and ISA, as related to design and documentation
- Area classification requirements as related to design and documentation for commercial, industrial, utilities and renewables
- Markets, public, private, educational, military, municipal and government.
- Wiring: techniques, color-coding, sizing and de-rating, and insulation classifications
- Plans: Able to read and interpret one-line diagrams, schematics, P&IDs, layout drawings and wiring diagrams and modify them for optimization
- Applications: Proficient in computer software including MS Office and McCormick estimating software
- Demonstrate and uphold all Pacific Power Electrical Contracting core values which include integrity, quality, professionalism, knowledge, safety, service, family, community and desire.