- Salary Expectations: $100,00
- Full-time: Yes
- Experience Required: 5+
The Estimator will be responsible for completing cost estimates for plan/spec construction projects. This position requires a strong knowledge of all construction disciplines. The ability to conceptualize a finished construction project with only general details is a paramount requirement of the position.
The Estimator’s critical function is to provide accurate, timely, profitable cost estimates, and mitigate risk.
JOB DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Identify and mitigate risk through detailed analysis of drawings, specifications, and AHJ requirements.
- Identify “gaps” in drawings for bidding and ensure all costs are captured.
- Coordinate with Program Management and Design departments on design build projects to achieve constructability.
- Assist Senior Estimators with complex Design-Build projects.
- Lead estimating team subordinate members.
- Prepare RFP documents with Program Management department and write bid forms.
- Prepare RFIs to Client/Owner/Design Team.
- Respond to subcontractor and vendor RFIs and questions by preparing addenda.
- Develop and foster positive relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
- Analyze and scrutinize subcontractor and vendor quotations.
- Prepare budgets with minimal information.
- Identify value engineering opportunities to Sales and Program Management departments.
- Review project details and budget with Operations department.
- Support Operations department during the buyout and construction processes.
- Participate in CONTINUOUS improvement within the Estimating department.
- Take ownership of work.
- Willingness to work extended workdays and workweeks as needed to accomplish the job.
- Maintain a regular and dependable level of attendance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. English – able to communicate well using both technical and non-technical language, read write, and comprehend thoroughly.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive Company and Client information.
- Participate and cooperate with every department while advocating teamwork.
- Travel via air and/or ground, often on short notice; includes overnight and longer stays.
- Able to navigate work sites and office facilities.
- Bending/stooping, squatting, reaching above shoulders, kneeling and twisting.
- Ascending/descending stairs.
- Ascending to and descending from heights up to or over 100′ by use of permanent or temporary stairs, ladders, aerial lifts or use of personnel hoists.
- Vision abilities include close and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing at levels of normal speech.
- Repetitive motion (to include, but not limited to): standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time, working at a computer and typing for long periods of time.
- Wearing required Personal Protective Equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, work boots, gloves, etc.).
- Perform other functions as required or assigned.
- 5+ years of construction estimating experience.
- Baccalaureate degree in construction management, engineering, or business. Equivalent experience is acceptable.
- Very proficient in the use of information technology.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to read architectural, structural, civil, landscaping, mechanical, refrigeration, and electrical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to conceptualize a project with only general details specified.
- Can successfully carry out job responsibilities in a stressful work environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Must be effective in meeting deadlines.