- Full-time: Yes
- Experience Required: 5 years
MISSION: To lead and coordinate all trades on project and ensure compliance with plans and specifications. To adhere and maintain to best management building practices while ensuring profit margins, safety, quality control and customer satisfaction.
OUTCOMES: KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS ? CORPORATE
1 Project / Market Specific
2 Adhere to and enhance the following KPI’s:
3 High Safety Scores – Zero Tolerance in OSHA, SWPPP violations
4 Minimum Punchlist
5 Minimum Rework
6 Clean Projects
7 On Time Delivery
8 Repeat Business
9 High Profit Margin
COMPETENCIES: CRITICAL COMPETENCIES:
– Experience in constructing multi million dollar projects.
– Possess the physical attributes to meet the physical demands required for the position.
– Knows when to pull the red handle.
– Must have the intuition/foresight to spot potential problems, must be able to interpret hidden problems in substandard architectural drawings.
– Must possess hard-core construction skills and willingness to adopt modern techniques (technical skills) for project delivery. Our Customers need to need to speak with a trusted and experienced person that really knows the business.
– Ability to sequence trades efficiently adhering to the overall construction schedule while maintaining a safe working environment.
– Must have basic computer skills and ability to adapt to Burke Project Delivery System.
– Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
– Honesty/integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
– Aggressiveness. Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
– Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
– Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.CRITICAL COMPETENCIES (CONTINUED):
– Analytical skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
– Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
– Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
– Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
– Risk Assessment. Able to recognize, manage and mitigate risk.
These are in un-prioritized order:
– Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
– Calm under pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
– Strategic thinking/visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way.
– Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
– Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can do attitude.
– Work ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard. Additionally displays a high level of Endurance.
– High standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
– Listening skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
– Openness to criticism and ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
– Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including email.
– Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
– Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
– Chemistry is always important for both the individual and the company.